English version | Version française
The Department of Geography offers training to develop your knowledge in fields such as physical and human geography, tourism, climate change, sustainable development, northern environments, geopolitics, and much more. Highly qualified faculty and renowned researchers in various specialties make up the team of the Department of Geography at Université Laval.
Whether you choose a certificate or bachelor’s degree program, you’ll receive an education that meets your needs. Our certificate programs are also available entirely on a distance learning basis.
- Baccalauréat en géographie (Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, BSc)
- Baccalauréat en développement durable du territoire (Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainable Land Development, BSc)
- Certificat en géographie (Certificate in Geography – distance or in-class)
- Certificat en tourisme durable (Certificate in Sustainable Tourism – distance or in-class)
- Certificat en développement durable (Certificate in Sustainable Development – distance or in-class)
Graduate studies in geographic sciences, environment, and climate change
With our graduate programs, you will acquire valuable skills, an open-minded approach, and sought-after analytical and problem-solving abilities. Find out more about our course-based master’s, research master’s, and PhD programs.
- Maîtrise en sciences géographiques avec mémoire (Master’s Degree in Geography with thesis, MSc)
- Maîtrise en sciences géographiques-géographie appliquée (Master’s Degree in Applied Geography, MSc)
- Maîtrise professionnelle en biogéosciences de l’environnement (Master’s Degree in Environmental Biogeosciences, MSc)
- Microprogramme de 2e cycle en changements climatiques (Short Graduate Program in Climate Change – distance learning)
Doctorate (Ph.D.) programs
- Doctorat en sciences géographiques (Doctorate in Geographical Sciences, PhD)
Are you interested in pursuing a research master’s degree or a PhD? Are you looking for a dynamic and exciting multidisciplinary research environment? An important step before admission is to find a supervisor for your PhD program or thesis master’s degree. Browse the list of department faculty to view their areas of expertise and get in touch with those working on research topics that interest you. It is always best to submit your CV and explain your motivations to them. After consulting with you, faculty members on the list may suggest other research topics in their field of expertise.
LIST OF FACULTY MEMBERS AND AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Find your research project
Some professors are currently seeking students to join their teams. You will find offers for master’s and doctoral projects that are currently recruiting.
Useful links for international applicants
Find useful information on admission requirements, tuition fees, scholarships, and immigration procedures: